Council Meeting Live Stream
8:00am Pacific Time
Sunday, January 20
Don't Miss It!!
Group Leaders Meeting Minutes July 2018
Group Leaders Meeting
July 3, 2018
Attendees: Hollis Brown, Brendan Ryan, Bill Oelrich, Don Lovering, Gerald Simmons, Kat Barbee, Mike Price, Rod Beacham. Guest: Paul Signore
- Quorum Call. Acheived
- Approve Minutes of June Meeting, Approved
- Review of Agenda
- Report from HQ
- Chapter Compliance: Tim B pushing for chapter compliance. Hollis to meet with James about his maintenance program, Bonnie to review Chapter Office.
- Requirement; Incorporate in your state, tax exempt status, bylaws review, submit roster.
- Benefits of compliance: D&O insurance and IRS protection.
- Consequence of non-compliance. Warning letter with deadline. Certified letter with a grace period. CRC may recommend temporary deactivation. Non-compliant chapters would become GUMs.
- Chapter Audit: Roster should be submitted by June 30. 12 audits are complete as of Monday, 8 incomplete. Majority have not yet turned theirs in. It is recommended that the number of Reps awarded be figured out by a computerized method.
- Committee Report
- Nom Coms
- Director Candidates: GLs to help look for candidates. Any questions for the town hall should be submitted to Brendan. Town hall to be scheduled for the week prior to the election.
- Budget: Finance committee has recommended a budget of $6K. Hollis has pared the budged down to $6,300 and is ready to submit this. Reimbursement for LDC and IW could be tied to Chapter Audit Compliance? GLs have decided to stick to the higher budget amount and present it before the next meeting. GLs should contact BoD members to support this budget.
- LDC: LDC needs to begin its marketing, Mark to send Hollis information soon.
- Communications: Continue sending out the minutes and commentary for presentation to the chapter. Bill to author this month’s version. Use of the video should be continued, Hollis to do one.
- Roster Maintenance
- Ancillary Standards
- Online Education
- Unfinished Business
- Non-profit Association Training. This should be provided to the BoD, GLs and possibly the CoR. Smith Bucklin is located in Chicago and could do a presentation. Don will pick three segments of the video series. We will review these for July 16th call. Use this to Segway into an in person presentation in the future.
- Board Book Review July 16th at 8:00 Eastern, 7 Central.