Council Meeting Live Stream
8:00am Pacific Time
Sunday, January 20
Don't Miss It!!
Group Leader Meeting Minutes November 2018
Group Leader Meeting, November 5, 2018
Attendees: Hollis Brown, Brendan Ryan, Alan Fisher, Bill Oelrich, Jules Falcone, Lisa Alajajian Giroux, Mark Goodman, Mike Price, Sean Troxel Guest: Jim Funkhouser
- Quorum Call; Acheived
- Approve Minutes of October Meeting; Approved
- Review of Agenda; Done
- Report from HQ
- Chapter Compliance
- Letter has gone out: Many Chapters did not realize this.
- Reps seemed unaware of the audit.
- Council has announced method for standardizing viability reports
- Chapter Audit
- Speaker has appointment with ED to demonstrate roster maintenance and viability report applications
- Hawaii: CRC wants one group, hopefully they will have an established chapter next year. Possibly having satellite chapters on each of the islands.
- Canada: Getting feedback from the different regions as chapters. Trying webcasting of meetings. BC and Ontario are difficult regions. Consider having a “Western Canada Chapter”.
- Committee Report
- Nom Coms - Ballots have gone out. Voting ends December 5.
- Mike Burroughs
- Rob Cornish
- Steve Cross
- Nash Roiufiel
- Sean Troxell
- President Elect - Mike Wagner
- Vice President - Jim Funkhouser
- Secretary - John Wessling
- Treasurer - Scott Barker
- Town Hall, November 30 - Invited board
- Larry's presentation; Well received. Give it to the Chapters. Update every year.
- Don's presentation; Easy to communicate to others.
- Hollis's presentation; Chapters putting in their rosters.
- Tuesday followups
- Mark's brainstorming session; Great job. Lots of ideas. Board Book, web presence, Digital App
- Lessons Learned - P&P rewrite for January CoR meeting; Notices to prompt people to do things with multiple reminders. Put dates on the calendar. Send notices via text. Create a talking points list to distribute to the CoR members. Include the Alternate in the GL calls. Assign all members to a “region”. Chapters expected to do presentations such as Larry’s and “what a Director does”.
- With the council
- With the board
- With the group leaders
- ASHI Reporter
- Roster maintenance
- Nominating Committees
- Cox Award
- Motions - For January BoD meeting
- Council authorization to use ASHI logo (or create our own)
- Merge New England with NY, NJ, Del
- Hollis (former speaker) to accept money from chapters to help defray costs of chapter offiice portals and/or websites
- Motion to only pay for the Alternate at IW. All other meetings can be attended electronically.
- Reduce the ballot validity threshold to 15%. Distasteful, but necessary.
- CoR annual meeting motion to eliminate write in candidates for director. Straw poll indicates this is acceptable.